Saturday, January 26, 2013

A list

A friend of mine and fellow blogger, Kris Bridgman, shared her list today and asked others to copy/paste and share their own list.  I went with the first thing that came to my mind.  

I am:  a bit sassy, hardheaded, and passionate
I think: about the future, a lot
I want:  people to truly live life not just walk through it
I have:  a loving husband, son, family and friends
I dislike: when people (including myself) think we know what is best for everyone else, or that we completly understand their situation
I miss:  the snow, seeing my son on a regular basis
I fear:  for my son 
I feel:  happy and sad at the same time sometimes
I hear: my husband singing upstairs in his studio, the fan of the furnace
I smell: not much today

I crave:  mexican food, a good cup of hot tea
I search:  for answers and solutions
I wonder:  how old I will be when I become a grandmother
I regret:  not staying in shape
I love:  to cook, and to share a meal with friends, to laugh, read and garden
I care:  about the homeless, the loss of empathy and compassion in our communities
I am always:  planning ahead
I worry:  about overscheduling and just going through the motions of life
I remember: Sunday afternoons at my grandparents houses, hiking the mountain behind Mama's house with my cousins
I sing:  all the time
I argue:  to be a voice for the unheard and sometimes because I'm grouchy
I write:  to decompress
I lose:  ink pens
I wish:  I could travel more often to see friends and experience new places
I listen:  sometimes...this is a continual work in progress for me.  To listen to God and others is important to me
I don't understand:  why so many don't act like they care about anyone but themselves, why 18,000 children die from hunger and other issues each day, why human trafficking and fair trade issues aren't important to more people
I can usually be found:  at work, at Spencer's, or home reading
I am scared:  of needing my valve replaced sometime and having cancer someday
I need:  more patience
I forget:  who I use to be and how far God has brought me

I am happy:  having conversations with my husband, son, family, friends, strangers ( I guess that means I like to talk, still working on the listening side). Hiking. Sharing with others. 

Now it's your turn.  Make your own list and let me know so I can come read yours.  And remember, don't spend too much time thinking about it.  Usually what first comes to mind is what you need to write. Don't worry about sounding goofy, or nonspiritual, or whatever. . .we are all a work in progress;)


1 comment:

  1. I like Mexican food and good cup of hot tea too! Let's share that some day:)

    ReplyDelete